leg mites

Been a while since I was on I feed with a mixture called Chook chow Its got all the goodies Like wheat corn Grit Molasses it's a good quality feed I was recomended when I started up with my chickens. Have got the new girls living in my old spa room now Took a bit to board up where they could get under the house but they are looking much better now putting on weight and dust bathing In the spa hole.

use diatomaceous earth food grade and sprinkle their coop floor as well as their hay and nests. its 100% safe for them as well as humans. it is also a natural wormer i mix it in with the food and grain i give them. look it up on the internet.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

Girls are doing awesome put them in my old spa room and legs seem to be getting better unfortunately my flock has started to get them so having to treat them as well not sure how that works being well away from the new girls but ok. started using DE to worm them as well which has done them the world of good both of the new girls are laying don't know about the other girls as my dog has become an egg thief and now i have egg shells all over my lawn. so until i get my eggs they stay locked in the coop but they seem fine with it as long as I have treats hanging through the roof netting for them to jump at and boy can they jump lol. Thanks everyone for your comments

The best luck I have had is Ivermectin 6 drops on the back of the neck on the skin try not to get on the feathers which will absorb it you want it on the skin so it will be absorbed by the chicken. Do this 7-10 days apart. At the same time I take an old toothbrush and scrub the scales on the legs with dawn dish washing soap. Then I put "Bag Balm" on the legs as far up as the feathers. You might have to do more than one round of this treatment. Good luck.:lol:

I cleared them all up they went on to be great layers and wonderful pets. sadly I had to re home all my girls due to moving to the city. I kept them quarantined until everything cleared up and put them on a fully organic diet and used organic solutions for worm and health etc.. I do miss my girls and now my daughter has become bird mad as well she has purchased a full set up for budgies and quails. Now we have to learn quail hehehe.

I cleared them all up they went on to be great layers and wonderful pets. sadly I had to re home all my girls due to moving to the city. I kept them quarantined until everything cleared up and put them on a fully organic diet and used organic solutions for worm and health etc.. I do miss my girls and now my daughter has become bird mad as well she has purchased a full set up for budgies and quails. Now we have to learn quail hehehe.

Oh quail sounds like so much fun! And you can eat their eggs too, I hear they are good.
Best,
Karen

Back
Top Bottom