Leg Weakness and Trouble Walking

ChickenPeep

Faith & Feathers
11 Years
May 1, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Hello,

My poor little bantam Cochin who I love dearly has been having difficulties walking for the past 2-3 weeks. We originally thought it was due to the grass growing and her foot feathers being long and dragging. Put the past week she has been almost unable to walk and has extreme difficulty supporting herself and staying upright. We have been trying to treat her with electrolytes and vitamins, thinking that she could have malnutrition since she’s on the bottom of the pecking order. She’s still perky, has a good appetite and normal droppings. I’m just puzzled as to what could be going on. I’m desperate to save my little girl, can anyone give me any advice? Thank you

How old is she? Was she vaccinated for anything? Does she lay eggs? Could the others be keeping her from food and water, and making her weak? Have you seen any of her droppings, and are they normal?

How old is she? Was she vaccinated for anything? Does she lay eggs? Could the others be keeping her from food and water, and making her weak? Have you seen any of her droppings, and are they normal?
Not sure about age, under a year so probably close to 6 months or so. She hasn’t laid an egg yet. The breeder we got her from didn’t inform of any vaccinations so not sure about that. Her droppings appear very normal.

Back
Top Bottom