legbar hens?

lottyloo

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 28, 2010
Does anybody have some pics of a legbar hen i can see? do they come in one colour?

sorry if this sounds silly i am just interested in this breed at the moment.

thanks in advance
smile.png

Quote:
I did a search on them a few wks back. I think on BYC breed section there mayB a pic. Goggle the breed. I have interest in the Legbar as well. I am told they R not in the States as of yet
idunno.gif

I think they come in Silver and Gold (cream). however, they are all barred on wild type background which makes them autosexing. so they look pretty much the same, just some have the gold gene and others have silver. Greenfire farm has imported them to the U.S. but I don't think they are selling any yet. here is the picture from the breeds section
legbar-30451-549051.jpg

I would like to create something similar to the legbar someday; autosexing, dual purpose and blue egg laying... someday
roll.png
someday.

hope this helps

Thank you
big_smile.png

I was asking as my top ranked cockerel is a legbar mix (maybe pure but i doubt it) and my hen Roxy hatched out her chicks sired by him about 6 weeks ago and 2 of them look like the legbar hens
smile.png
I think they are beautiful!
I didn't know they are not in the states! Im in Portugal and only get a bit of a mix of chickens from the markets, there is no specific poultry breeders here
sad.png

A pic of my girl:
roxysbabies062.jpg

Back
Top Bottom