Sit'n on the porch

Pics
They are really hanging out together aren't they. :love

You have done a great job bringing them together. :clap
Thank you Bob,
I do have an issue with one of the big hens- she did poop last evening, in the nesting box - it was green, so I t could just be broody poo- she just want to STAND in the box,
IMG_1415.JPG
I make her get out when I go out there,
IMG_1418.JPG

and she just stands
IMG_1420.JPG

her comb looks ok
she has no [poo in her feathers which tells me she hasent pooped all day, her crop feels like stuff is in it, it is not smushy, her breath dosnt smell, ( so I dont think sour crop) , she doesnt want to eat or drink-- HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 🤔 Maybe she is just broody?

Last edited:
Thank you Bob,
I do have an issue with one of the big hens- she did poop last evening, in the nesting box - it was green, so I t could just be broody poo- she just want to STAND in the box,
View attachment 2225730
I make her get out when I go out there,
View attachment 2225732

and she just stands
View attachment 2225737

her comb looks ok
she has no [poo in her feathers which tells me she hasent pooped all day, her crop feels like stuff is in it, it is not smushy, her breath dosnt smell, ( so I dont think sour crop) , she doesnt want to eat or drink-- HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 🤔 Maybe she is just broody?
I don't like it when chickens, especially leghorns, droop their tail. I will give them a day or two to work it out on their own. Sometimes they eat something funny.

I would check her crop at bed time and then see how she is tomorrow. This is not something to ignore but give her a moment to fix herself.

I don't like it when chickens, especially leghorns, droop their tail. I will give them a day or two to work it out on their own. Sometimes they eat something funny.

I would check her crop at bed time and then see how she is tomorrow. This is not something to ignore but give her a moment to fix herself.
Bob, you are so right,, I took the dogs out at 7 p.m.,, I counted the hens in the run, 3, BUT OH look ,, one more by the water jug. she was drinking up :bow, I finished with the dogs and she was still there. I came back in to finish up in the kitchen and went out again at 15 after,, WOOhoo she was still drinking. Now! I hope she poops and doesnt drown herself.

Well I said goodnight to the hens, set superflopy in a nesting box so she would be warm and comfortable over night. and this morning I went out at 5:15, opened the coop door, and there her head hung, laying stiff out of the nesting box, her comb was dark,, Floppy was gone.

Well I said goodnight to the hens, set superflopy in a nesting box so she would be warm and comfortable over night. and this morning I went out at 5:15, opened the coop door, and there her head hung, laying stiff out of the nesting box, her comb was dark,, Floppy was gone.
I'm so sorry. :hugs :hugs I wish i could have told you something more helpful. I'm so sad. 😢

Back
Top Bottom