Leghorn not herself

Kyle L

Hatching
Jun 1, 2017
Hey guys. I have a brown leghorn whom has declined rather quickly. Her comb is now purple/black at the tip and she doesnt move or eat very much and has lost weight. I have her isolated and she just stands with her eyes closed most of the time. She will drink if i make her.. any ideas? Worms? Stroke? Thanks in advance

At a GUESS I'd say not worms ... her comb would be pale in that case. Her comb is not getting enough oxygen . Meaning her BLOOD isn't getting enough oxygen ... but I don't know what would be causing it. Stroke? Respritory issue? Something else?

It seems like her crop is still full/big? Same as yesterday.. would this cause that? Something stuck?
Closing her eyes and not moving much

Attachments

• 20170601_150448.jpg
    20170601_150448.jpg
    476.8 KB · Views: 1
Its not hard. I can move the stuff around inside.. soft.. ballon like... sour crop?

Its not hard. I can move the stuff around inside.. soft.. ballon like... sour crop?
More like sour crop then, yes. Look up the treatment for that ... involves having you chicken vomit, but since she is having breathing issues, don't do too much at once! A little at a time!

Back
Top Bottom