Leghorn not looking so good

Bonwell

Songster
Oct 26, 2021
Western New York
Ok. So I have this I believe almost 5 year old White leghorn and I hadn't noticed any issues with her health at all, But today I went to put them in for the night and she was already inside acting a bit more lethargic than normal and didn't "Squat" when I picked her up she just kinda stood there. Anyways, I looked at her vent (which is kind of dirty right now as well) and she has these white things sticking out. In the photo it kinda looks like one things, but it seems to have multiple points almost. They get fed regular layer feed from tsc. Any thoughts? Also, it's not moving like worms would, it's more solid than that.
IMG_20220526_185501397_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220526_185614947.jpg

It looks like a an egg membrane.
Does it look like that in person?
Thanks for replying, and I don't think it is. It's more pointy and hard. The photo is a bit deceptive since you can't really tell, but again its more pointy and solid, not soft like that.

It looks like a an egg membrane.
Does it look like that in person?
Upon further review, I do think that's what it is, at first it seemed pointy but I think that was just the angle. I pulled it out an inch or 2 but then it gave decent resistance so I stopped tugging. What do you do for a membrane? Just pull it out?

Back
Top Bottom