Leghorn Question

Rchicks, what is Ideal's minimum on chicks? I thought it was 25? Anyway I did indeed call Meyer right after reading these posts; I changed the Leghorn to a Golden Buff which they claim are very calm and docile. Hope they turn out that way.

Hmm. Wish I would have known. I would have checked their site out too before ordering. Now I have to wait till Sept. 11 for the one Maran in the order.

You know, my leghorns were wild when they were young, but are totally docile now. I have four. They are California Whites...does this make a difference? In all honesty they are far more easy going than my Barred Rocks!

I hope these calm down.. My roos is already getting GOREGEOUS!! But I cant stand that wild and craziness they exhibit right now.. I am at least gonna try and hold out til spring... They are Rose Comb brown leghorns.. beautiful birds.. I got mine from Welp Hatchery.. I had ordered a total of 28 birds and they were all very healthy and jumping around but it was sure easy to pick out the Leghorns even at a couple days old..

Yeah, I know...that's what I keep hearing. I obviously don't disbelieve-so many chicken owners say the same thing. It's just that we really don't have that issue at all! It's strange...I think I am half-disappointed or something. I mean I planned on keeping them anyhow because of how proficient they are at laying and I am the old woman in the shoe (many kids). I was all geared up for them to be insane and squawk and carry on...when in reality they are sort of bland! LOL.
idunno.gif

I have white leghorn hens and brown leghorn hens.
They were wild and hyper but calmed down some.
The leghorn rooster is very aggressive. He seems more like a fighting game cock. However, he keeps the peace among the ladies.
(15 leghorn hens and one rooster)

I have a white and a brown leghorn, and they are just as nuts as everyone has described them.

Here's a shocker... My buff minorca is worse than the leghorns!
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom