Leghorn X RIR

I have them in the brooder.....
smile.png

and in my fence in the yard

they lay AWESOME eggs, the ones outside are from a different bloodline than the ones in my brooder, so i cant attest for all, but their eggs wont even fit in large egg cartons! lol

hen:
1cookietheredhead.jpg

roo:
1cTOby.jpg
this is this same roo now:
IMG_6905.jpg

and heres a golden comet crossed with a golden comet....its colored like a roo but i kinda think it's a hen..it's not sexlinked so it could be either a roo or a hen:
IMG_6903.jpg

and heres the adult flock of GOlden comets (these were rir x white leghorn crosses):
IMG_5814.jpg

IMG_5817.jpg

IMG_5811.jpg

second egg from left is my one golden comets egg...the one before it is a double yolker golden comet egg (from a white leghorn hen), third is a normal WLH egg (golden comet breeding) and a RIR egg lastly.
IMG_5911.jpg

IMG_5902.jpg

IMG_5901.jpg

Last edited:
Wouldn't you get LARGER eggs and the same kind of hybrid bird if you crossed the White leghorn male onto the RIR females? And wouldn't this be the sex-link crosses referred to as Red Sex Links? I don't know, I am trying to learn.
smile.png

Can you post a picture?

Last edited:
Quote:
theres MANY different crosses that make up sexlinks i dont have a link for it but theres some crazy crosses that can give you a sex link

you could technically take a red cochin roo and breed it to a silver carring hen and get sexlinks
smile.png

Wow! That egg is HUGE!
th.gif

Thank you so much for sharing pics, they are lovely!

So a RIR crossed with a Leghorn makes a sex-link?

Quote:
that's the kicker...not all do. The white leghorns have to carry the silver gene and you wont know until you breed them and find out
smile.png
LOL I'd say if all teh chicks that hatch out are white and not white and tinted red, then they're not sexlinked.

and you're very welcome!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom