Legit puppy breeder? (CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way.

You have to wonder how many breeding dogs this person has to churn out that variety/quantity of "designer" cross litters per year... Wonder what the living conditions are for those dogs.

I've been to a "kennel" where puppies were produced at this rate. This individual sold only purebred AKC dogs and was active in the show world as well. (I mention this because bad breeders come in all varieties.)
There were so many neglected dogs. It was absolutely heartbreaking. Almost all of the larger breed were in outdoor slapped-together-with-whatever runs, filthy & matted, under socialized, and most had developed anxiety tics like pacing and extreme fearfulness. The smaller breed ran loose and bred indiscriminately.
I'm pretty sure there were at least 40-50 (maybe more) breeding age dogs. When I asked how many dogs she had, the individual did the laugh and shrug "I don't even know anymore!" That's a dead giveaway btw... If the "breeder" will not disclose how many dogs they own.

I will never give my money to someone like that. EVER.

You have to wonder how many breeding dogs this person has to churn out that variety/quantity of "designer" cross litters per year... Wonder what the living conditions are for those dogs.
I am not seeing anything on the page that looks like she has "too many" dogs. Did you see a cecrtain number somewhere, that I missed?
It appears to me that she takes good care of the dogs, and her pups are well loved.
Just my opinion.
I met many responsible breeders when I was looking for my Bernese, and some of them had 5 or 6 dogs. Usually 2 males and a number of females. They were in clean homes, looked healthy and happy, and lived with their human families. I am not a breeder, nor have I ever been, but I don't see anything alarming about her page. I would suggest visiting her kennel and making a decision based off of your experience.

One issue I see is there is all most no information anywhere about the dogs, no health test informatiom, nothing about their goals with breeding, nothing about the parent dogs. Just a lot of post saying puppy ready to go tomorrow or something like that.

also this is a huge red flag to me. No good animal breeder would sell a animal on Christmas.
4A3C3B51-63DF-46D2-B900-5B59AAC2E838.png

feels like they want to sell dogs but don’t care much where they go

I am not seeing anything on the page that looks like she has "too many" dogs. Did you see a cecrtain number somewhere, that I missed?
It appears to me that she takes good care of the dogs, and her pups are well loved.
Just my opinion.
I met many responsible breeders when I was looking for my Bernese, and some of them had 5 or 6 dogs. Usually 2 males and a number of females. They were in clean homes, looked healthy and happy, and lived with their human families. I am not a breeder, nor have I ever been, but I don't see anything alarming about her page. I would suggest visiting her kennel and making a decision based off of your experience.
If you scroll back enough, she has Pyrenees/Anatolian dogs, Japanese Chin crosses, pug crosses, cavapoos, several Maltese crosses…it’s just a LOT of different breeds. And hard to believe she’s not doing a lot of corner cutting and sloppy breeding. She may be okay but I’d want to see her set up and the parents before I purchased from her.

She told me she owns 8 dogs, but they are all pets and a lot of them live (as pets) with relatives.

She also said that all of the puppies listed aren’t from her. She had taken in backyard breeder litters that the state has shut down. The Animal Control officer brings them to her. She makes it clear that they are rescues when people contact her.

She told me she owns 8 dogs, but they are all pets and a lot of them live (as pets) with relatives.

She also said that all of the puppies listed aren’t from her. She had taken in backyard breeder litters that the state has shut down. The Animal Control officer brings them to her. She makes it clear that they are rescues when people contact her.
that to me is also a red flag. Why has she not said in the post that they are rescues or anywhere on her Facebook page, like the about section. Also why most of them happen to be the same mix at about the same age? Not to mention I would think she would get more people if she labeled them as rescues looking for a home. You would think she would want to differentiate more between hers and backyard breeders if she is a good breeder. I also don’t see rescues or shelters getting puppies like this either, though they might, I could be wrong

I thought you just got a puppy. Why are you looking into another breeder?

Another question... is she selling these "rescues" or adopting them out for approximate cost of care?

Just too many red flags here honestly.
It almost feels like a broker rather than a breeder, and IMHO, that's almost worse.

I thought you just got a puppy. Why are you looking into another breeder?
A friend asked me to check them out.
Another question... is she selling these "rescues" or adopting them out for approximate cost of care?

Just too many red flags here honestly.
It almost feels like a broker rather than a breeder, and IMHO, that's almost worse.
Ok, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom