Golden Homestead page on Facebook….legit??

Angeladecoite

Hatching
Feb 1, 2024
Hello recently a page called Golden Homestead came up on my page selling poultry. I’m just wondering if anyone has ordered or heard anything about them as they have a breed of frizzle I’d like to get and I’m not sure if they’re a legit company. Thanks!

I was once scammed in an indoor plant group on Facebook thinking being retired law enforcement, I could never fall for such a thing, yet I did. I found out how to spot the scammers now.

1. When they don't list their location on their FB page, that is suspicious. Every legitimate seller will at least tell you what country they're in, if not state and city.

2. Look at the pictures they post. Many times they can be found searching them on Google.

3. Read the replies on the posts. If a scam, you'll either see they are not replying to them (because they are messaging them) or they will reply that they will contact them privately.

4. Scammers never have a website, but that alone doesn't mean they are a scam as some legitimate ones don't either.

5. Read the reviews. If you see good reviews, check out the person who left it as if it's a scam, their account is new. In the case of the group you mentioned, there is one review, calling them scammers.

6. Don't be fooled by the number of followers they have. They have thousands of bot accts these scammers share amongst themselves, plus, they'll go to poultry groups and send out invites to people to follow them. Some just follow everyone who asks.

FWIW, it is required to be NPIP to ship poultry. All states, anywhere in US. USPS requires it to ship poultry, all ages, and USPS is the only shipper that ships live poultry. So, you can also check their existence via NPIP website.

Back
Top Bottom