Lego Robots who has them?

Quote:
I have a programmable coffee pot, When dishes are done the night before, the boy dumps the old grinds, rinses the basket and loads the pot, 8 AM coffee makes itself.

barnie.gif
I want one of those. I just have a 2 cup manual thing that I pour hot water through.

Quote:
I have a programmable coffee pot, When dishes are done the night before, the boy dumps the old grinds, rinses the basket and loads the pot, 8 AM coffee makes itself.

barnie.gif
I want one of those. I just have a 2 cup manual thing that I pour hot water through.

Ours was about $40, has a grinder built in, so you load in beans and water, and have coffee the next day.

We have an older bot set (Mindstorm I think), anyway the kid has fun with it. He will be joining 4h this year and doing a project with it. His school also has a robotics club that uses them. I got my set off ebay for under $200. If you dont know about them you can search youtube for videos - they're cool. UT actually has an informal class for adults using them - someday when I'm not chasing after children and animals i may take it.

Yes, YouTube has a number of Mindstorm robot videos so if you're interested I'd definitely go look at them.

4-H has a newly revamped robotics project that is worth checking out.

http://www.4-h.org/resource-library/curriculum/4-h-robotics/

It just came out. My oldest daughter, the Kinder Major, took a first place rosette at her county and district competition last year doing robotics. Incredibly enough for our rural district there was a boy (senior level) also doing a robotics project. He had his solve a Rubiks Cube puzzle.

The Mindstorm kit is not a simple child's toy. I would not buy it for a kid who just wants something to play with ready made out of the box. This thing needs assembly and testing, but it's a very capable piece of equipment for any child you believe has to stick to it capacity to see it through.

Back
Top Bottom