Lemon Blue & Brown Red OEGB

Well I will have to check these out. I was with everybody through the BBS, but the enhanced red gold ...definitely more understanding than I currently have, but very intriguing.
Well, I didn’t understand that (whether blue dilutes gold and mahogany and stuff) either until Nicalandia told me right now. 😂
Mahogany however, is a dominant gene. It turns gold (or if you like: orange or yellow) into red and it pushes red into a little of the black. It also has the strange capacity to retain some red even on silver birds. So the fancy term “enhanced red gold” just means gold with mahogany.

I wish I could indiscriminately breed all my chickens. I'd really love to see what happens with some of these combinations. But, alas, I must restrain myself. Right now I need to figure out where a black copper marans crossed with a laced buff brahma leads. I mean other than more chicks per chicken math protocol. 🤷

I wish I could indiscriminately breed all my chickens. I'd really love to see what happens with some of these combinations. But, alas, I must restrain myself. Right now I need to figure out where a black copper marans crossed with a laced buff brahma leads. I mean other than more chicks per chicken math protocol. 🤷
Well, you could breed them indiscriminately, you just wouldn’t be able to sell or show them as purebreds.

Well, you could breed them indiscriminately, you just wouldn’t be able to sell or show them as purebreds.
Too true. But I must clarify that I just don't have the space or finances to do the breeding I would like to do. That and a definite lack of knowledge with color Genetics. Sometimes I find the learning is easier in the doing of a concept rather in just the reading but it would be rather irresponsible of me to just overbreed for the fun and education of it without a market or place for the resulting chicks. So by indiscriminately I mean to imply financially more than anything else. But I would still like to have the knowledge base to understand what would result from the crosses of the different colors, patterns, etc...so much to learn...

Back
Top Bottom