Lemon Blue Cochins

Quote:
except Mr. Henk Calculator does not take the Pheomelanin Dilution dominant Blue does to the ground color......

Mine isnt Diluted, right now the "Lemon" Blues are really just Blue Brown Reds.

Quote:
except Mr. Henk Calculator does not take the Pheomelanin Dilution dominant Blue does to the ground color......

Mine isnt Diluted, right now the "Lemon" Blues are really just Blue Brown Reds.

Guess you are not as luck as Lemon Blue OEG Bantams....
wink.png

Edit..

Quote:
Brown Red its diluted because there seems to be 2 types of ER one that does nothing to Pheomelanin and another that seems to Fade/Dilut the pheomelanin alot

Here some pics of Brown OEG(wildtype gold on ER)
here is the drawing of the standar Brown OEG

here are some pics of Boys and girls so you know they are not Golden

now Diluted even further by one copy of Blue(yeah it dulutes Pheomelanin)
here is the Drawing

here some pics of boys and girls

No we get to see Splash Blue Lemon OEG(wild type ER based on Gold Bl/Bl) I think ER helps Splash Blue(Bl/Bl) to dilute Pheomelanin to levels only seen by the likes of True Pheomelanin Dilutes like Cream Di and Lav

Last edited:
Quote:
You can show even un-recogonized varieties within a breed. The bird cannot compete beyond best of variety though. this is what often stirs more interest in a variety and will lead to enough breeders working with them and seeking APA ABA acceptance so that they can be recognized. So long as you have good cochin size and type go for it, and get more flks interested.

ok, thanks! Do you happen to know what the disqualifications for this breed would be?

Back
Top Bottom