Lemon cuckoo Orpington questions

Hi, I bought 12 lemon cuckoo hatching eggs from a guy on eBay who got his flock from green firearms hatching eggs. He sayed in the description that there are lemon cuckoos with barring gene and with double barring gene. Meaning that the pictures that we usually see are lemon cuckoos with the double barring gene, hence causing the stripes.(first question- is it true that your chicken needs to have a double barring gene for it to show on the feathers?)
He sayed that over a large number of eggs, you should get 50% hens, 25% roosters without barring gene (no stripes) and 25% roosters with the double barring gene (stripes). He also sayed if I breed my double barred rooster with any of the hens, 100% of the offspring will be double barred lemon cuckoos (roosters &hens). (question 2- that means that the hens are lemon cuckoos even though they don't have stripes right?)
If you have a double barred rooster and breed it with a buff hen, all of the chicks won't be double barred right?
So the big question is, do lemon cuckoo orpingtons come in non barred? Like no stripes.
Thanks
:)
Here are some options for breeding Barred or Cuckoo poultry:

• Single Barred Male X Solid Female= 25% Single Barred Males, 25%red Females, and 50% Solid
  • Single Barred Male X Barred Female= 25% Double Barred Males, 25% Single Barred Males, 25%red Females, 25% Solid Females
  • Double Barred Male X Barred Female= 50% Double Barred Males, 50%red Females
  • Double Barred Male X Solid Female= 50% Single Barred Males, 50%red Females
  • Solid Male X Barred Female= 50% Single Barred Males, 50% Solid Females

Back
Top Bottom