Lemon cuckoo Orpingtons!!!!

haleighcammon

In the Brooder
Aug 3, 2017
IMG_9636.JPG
IMG_9635.JPG
IMG_9634.JPG
IMG_9633.JPG
hello all! I am a little overwhelmed by this site and I hope I picked the correct place to start my thread and ask questions? I am picking up 7 Lemon cuckoo orpingtons tomorrow to start breeding them. I fell in love with these birds and jumped at the opportunity to own them. I am getting an older double barred rooster 1 older hen 3 pullets and 2 cockerels. The woman I am purchasing them from had stated she had had trouble choosing which male to use for her breeding hence the 3.. I am curious if anyone can tell me a little about these birds? I've researched online but any info you may have id love to know! Also I will be breeding to improve the quality and color of these birds and had come across needing to breed a black in there every 4th generation to keep the color getting better? I'm looking to continue breeding lemon cuckoo chickens and I'd love anyone's knowledge about breeding for barred. Etc. I'll attach some pictures and I can't wait to speak to like minded crazy chicken people!!

Hi, and welcome to BYC! I'm glad you're joining our flock! I'm sure @KikisGirls will be along shortly to post a video about how to navigate the site, soon, it will feel like home!
Your birds are beautiful! I don't know anything about Lemon Cuckoo Orpingtons, sorry, but I do know the answers to a lot of other chicken questions, if you need help.
There. You have just spoken to a likeminded, crazy chicken person! Good luck with your flock!!

Back
Top Bottom