Lemon Pyle Brahma crossed with ? Now with chick pics

Thanks Henk,

Do you think the hen pictured fits the European color described ? When I look at her, my mind wants to take me to some sort of a diluted blue buff columbian, possibly splash blue buff columbian. Good looking bird, I am just having a hard time getting this color straight in my head.

Yeah what Henk is talking about is completely different from Lemon Pyle. Lemon Blue is relatively common the US,and indeed is blue with yellow or golden hackles/saddle/wings. But Lemon Pyle is very different - It is a yellow based columbian (with red leakage) and blue neck and tail.

Now what I want to know is the genetics of Lemon Pyle.
wink.png

Last edited:
My bad, I did say lemon blue in my post. Sorry Henk. Told you I was confussed. Are there good photos out there showing more of this color. It would help me too, to see the genetics listed, as on Henks calculator.

I just wish I had a grasp on this genetic stuff, not to mention more than the one hen. I can keep the chicks and breed her back to a son, but what do I do with the pullets? I'm guessing there is no way to add to my flock of one - I can't find any more in the United States.

More pics of Buttercup. The white fluff behind her is a white goose, it's not part of her.
31698_p1000784.jpg
31698_p1010009.jpg
31698_p1010016.jpg

Another picture of her babies, plus one dark Brahma chick in there somewhere.
31698_p1010050.jpg

Here is a old post on the "Lemon Pyle" Brahma.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=208887&p=1
There was some talk that the birds on the Chirpy site are Blue Splashed White Columbian but with an additional gene(s) adding Black pigment that is hypostatic to the Blue gene.

I will say that the Lemon Pyle color that I have seen on American Game and Old English Game bantams look alot cleaner much like a lighter (Lemon/ dark straw color) version of a Red Pyle.
The Red on the Red Pyle being replaced with the Lemon/ Dark Straw color..

Chris

Last edited:
They look like splash patterned buff columbians to me. The black fleckiness in that roo is from the splash also.
You can make this color with dom. white instead of splash as well. See earlier remarks about effects on groundcolor.

Back
Top Bottom