1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

?? @ Length of Incubation

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ContessaKris, Jul 10, 2011.

1. ContessaKris

ContessaKris Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Grandview (SKC), MO
    I know its 21 days until they hatch supposedly. Is this 21 days from when they were laid or 21 days from when I pop them in the incubator? Just wondering if I needed to ask the farmer what days each was laid?

Oh, another question... My eggs are coming in the mail. When I get them, do I need to unwrap them and wait for them to get acclimated to the room temp or just pop them right in the incubator?

2. rebel yell

rebel yell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Alabama
    Quote:21 days in the bator, not from when they are laid, let the eggs set still for about 8-12 hours before putting them in.

3. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] Rebel covered that one. [​IMG]

4. ContessaKris

ContessaKris Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Grandview (SKC), MO
    See? There's a reason I am on these forums. You all rock! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. tigercreek

tigercreek Chillin' With My Peeps

And remember your 1st day does not count until the eggs have been in the incubator for 24 hours. If you put them in on a Saturday, Sunday will be day 1. Put them in Saturday, they should hatch on a Saturday. ........stan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by