Leon Valley Eggs on Ebay?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by arlee453, Oct 16, 2007.

1. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Anyone ordered from them before? I have my eye on some Self Blue old english banty eggs they have listed.

I'd love to see if anyone has hatched these out from them before and what the results were. I just think they are the most beautiful color!

Susan

2. nccatnip

nccatnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2007
    Piedmont area NC
    I have 36 eggs from Leon valley in the bator right now. OEGB and Gold Phoenix. I can tell you the seller is great to work with and the eggs were packed like the Hope Diamond. Not a single broken one in the box. I did not candle all of them but can tell you that most I did were viable.

3. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    I have some in the bator too from them. Very good to work with and even gave me a partial refund because they couldn't ship on Columbus Day. nccatnip is right they are packed very well. I will let you know later how they do.

jackie

4. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Great - thanks for the info... now if I can JUST get this bator built before the end of the week, maybe I can get those eggs shipped out on Monday... hmmm.... wonder if DH would notice the bator if I hid it under my desk...

[​IMG]

5. jab91864

jab91864 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2007
    Northern Michigan
    Ya know I've looked at their auctions in the past but never bid. Guess I will have to re-think them...lol

Julie [​IMG]

6. Chellester

Chellester Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    I have ordered one batch from them of MFDU which hatched out around three weeks ago. Really good fertility/hatch rate for shipped eggs.

I just ordered a batch of Golden Laced Wyandotte eggs to stick under my subbornly setting silkie. (She's not laying; might as well put her to work!) [​IMG]

Two thumbs up all the way around!

7. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    I ordered some cochin bantam eggs and she has good fertility and packs the eggs great not one broken. I would recommend her to anyone.

8. PatNY

PatNY Out Of The Brooder

Oct 9, 2007
    New York
  9. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I absolutely recommend Leon Valley eggs. Totally professional, the eggs were wrapped to withstand WWII, there were cautions all over the box (like live- handle carefully) that the postal lady , I swear she was almost shaking when she handed me the box. Karen

10. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    I have to say I got some this week and there was an egg broke!!! But it looked like maybe who ever put it in the foam maybe but their thumb through the egg. She sent lots of extras so there was no problem. I was just shocked it was broken.

jackie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by