Lessons in patience

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Jun 28, 2011
We put our farm up for sale 4 years ago.
Decided to subdivide it onto two, hoping it'll sell quicker. That went through after 3 years. (most of that waiting for the surveyor)
Got a buyer for the one piece, but he said we must wait 6 months for him to sell his house. So we wait.
That fell through. (When he fell off the wagon - long story)
Meantime had another offer which we decided to accept.
Guy who made the offer is abroad.
Got the papers drawn up and signed, his wife took it to him.
Found out 2 weeks later only he needs to get to the embassy to sign and he seems unable to get to the embassy when they are open.
It's been 8 weeks, still no signature.
barnie.gif

Am going completely crazy here. I just want to get out of this place
bow.gif

P.S. No joy on remaining property. Gave it to estate agent who got us to sign a sole mandate agreement and is now as quiet as a grave.

Wow, 4 years is a long long time. Have you ever considered that it is not selling because it is not part of The Plan that has been written for you?

I know, I know, that doesn't help your frustration, just something to ponder. In the meantime I will send up prayers of good will for you and yours. I know how it feels to absolutely hate where you live and it sucks.
hugs.gif

Thanks, Debi. It's actually been 8 years now that I've wanted to move, but DH liked it here, until he realised what this place is really like. I think in a few year's time I'll look back on this and it'll make sense, but at the moment it feels like we're wasting our lives here.
idunno.gif

It's just really frustrating having a buyer after so long and now there's this delay. It's like hearing you're getting let out of jail only to find out they've lost the key!

Back
Top Bottom