Let’s talk meracks

You are looking for vitamins, minerals, pro-biotics and some source of energy like sugar.
Some of the products we are talking about can be a bit pricey so look at ingredients and shop smartly.
For example - Tractor Supply has little sachets of Sav-a-chick electrolytes and vitamins - they are cheap because it is a tiny amount - but could tide you over. The proper food - starter/grower - has vitamins in as well so that will kick in.
Gatorade can provide sugar and some minerals.
I can't from the video see how sick your chicken is, but if it is not a true emergency then I think your money would be best spent on getting some proper grower chicken feed and some vitamin supplements at Tractor Supply.
Hope that helps.

No. I do not. Give me a list with pictures of what i should get and i will get some stuff tomorrow from tractor supply.
Tuna fish.
A can of tuna fish is a dollar.
Give that bird one spoonful of tuna fish each day until she eats the whole can.
Make sure you stop all of the scratch and treats.

all birds were purchased from hoover hatchery. all the same time. no new chickens.
Did you happen to get them at Tractor Supply?
I bought 4 olive egged chicks from Tractor Supply. Hoover Hatchery is the main supplier of their chicks.
I found one chick dead in the coop a couple weeks ago. And now another is acting like it is becoming paralyzed. Has trouble walking, falls over and lays on her side.
We feed chick starter and they have access to large grassy area.
I called Hoover to ask if the chicks would have been vaccinated against Marek’s before going to Tractor Supply and they said no. They also said they are the main supplier but not the only supplier to Tractor Supply. So if I can get anyone to answer the phone at TS, I may be able to find out if my chicks came from Hoover for sure.

How old is the chicken that you got from Hoover who is now sick?

Wondering if there is a correlation?

Did you happen to get them at Tractor Supply?
I bought 4 olive egged chicks from Tractor Supply. Hoover Hatchery is the main supplier of their chicks.
I found one chick dead in the coop a couple weeks ago. And now another is acting like it is becoming paralyzed. Has trouble walking, falls over and lays on her side.
We feed chick starter and they have access to large grassy area.
I called Hoover to ask if the chicks would have been vaccinated against Marek’s before going to Tractor Supply and they said no. They also said they are the main supplier but not the only supplier to Tractor Supply. So if I can get anyone to answer the phone at TS, I may be able to find out if my chicks came from Hoover for sure.

How old is the chicken that you got from Hoover who is now sick?

Wondering if there is a correlation?
How old are your chicks?
It's not likely that small young chicks are going to be falling over from symptoms of Marek's disease.

How old are your chicks?
It's not likely that small young chicks are going to be falling over from symptoms of Marek's disease.
These aren’t small young chicks. I bought them as chicks and they are about 6 weeks old now.

How old are your chicks?
I noticed the sick one last night. Her crop was full so I know she was able to get to the feeder to eat. This late morning I checked on her and her crop was empty and there was no way to reach the watered so I’ve gotten her by herself and have been feeding and watering her by hand, and have given poly vi sol w/o iron, to see if it’s vit. deficiency. None of the other chickens are acting sick. They only other that had a problem was the one I found dead about 2 weeks ago.
The coop and run are very clean, the birds get along well, fresh starter refilled and fresh water every few days…
Trying to figure out what it is. Have kept birds for a few years without illness…. This is a first.

Back
Top Bottom