Let em loose...now can't get em back in their pen!

T'mon wittle one, you can do it!
I like it.
smile.png

Ha you guys are too funny. I don't think any babies would have liked hearing me the other night trying to get them into the duck house, finally succeeding, and then watching them walk out the other door! Not much baby talk going on right then!

Ha you guys are too funny. I don't think any babies would have liked hearing me the other night trying to get them into the duck house, finally succeeding, and then watching them walk out the other door! Not much baby talk going on right then!

Been there and done that!! Yesterday was the bitterest day we have had since I have owned ducks and they did NOT want to come off the water (my pond doesn't freeze since it is spring-fed) and go inside the fence though they could get right back on the water once inside. So here I am out in the wind and believe me I was certainly muttering things under my breath that were anything but baby talk. It was sort of like herding cows during a raging thunderstorm
roll.png

Wow you are lucky...I went out this morning to check on them (riding the 4 wheeler - 5F outside - not fun!) and their pond was frozen over! Nobody around here can remember it ever happening! The ducks were just standing there staring at it...then back at me...then at the ice. I could just hear them saying "Well, what are you gonna do about this?". So I grabbed my wifes kayak oar and cracked and moved the ice out of a section. They all jumped in to play like it was a normal day. Would have been funny if it wasn't so cold!
fl.gif

Wow you are lucky...I went out this morning to check on them (riding the 4 wheeler - 5F outside - not fun!) and their pond was frozen over! Nobody around here can remember it ever happening! The ducks were just standing there staring at it...then back at me...then at the ice. I could just hear them saying "Well, what are you gonna do about this?". So I grabbed my wifes kayak oar and cracked and moved the ice out of a section. They all jumped in to play like it was a normal day. Would have been funny if it wasn't so cold!
fl.gif

I am extremely fortunate to have a spring-fed pond and to be retired and have time to spend with my flock. I read of so many struggles folks have with maintaining adequate water supplies for their beloveds (even in good weather) and just pray all works out for them. It has to be a real chore for those who are not able to have someone home during the day.

Back
Top Bottom