Let em rest, or put em in?

Dingo

Songster
9 Years
Apr 29, 2010
Somewhere near Springfield, Ma
Okay my eggs are supposed to be here tomorrow or Saturday, I know people say to let chicken eggs rest for a little while after shipping. Should I do the same with the coturnix eggs? If so how long?
Thanks

Set them in the bator and wait a few hours. Then just plug them in.
smile.png

It's pretty chilly outside today(60's). I guess the concensus is let them rest for about 12 hours. I'll let them come to room temp, then after about 6 hours put them ontop of the incubator, then after another 6 hours put them inside the incubator. does that sound good?

What has been really working is setting them in the incubator because you don't know what the postal service does with the eggs. But don't turn them for 12-24 hours so they can settle. This is for the hot months. For cooler months, let them settle than put them in the incubator. I learned this method this year and it has worked amazingly.

Quote:
Hi Quaillady,
is this with the incubator warmed and ready? I'm new, and will be getting my first order of mail eggs (from you) , and want to make sure i'm ready for them!

Put them in with it at the perfect temp and humidity, and not turn for 12-24 hrs. ?

Sorry if it seems like a dumb question, or repeated, but after reading here for awhile, things start to get jumbled .
hmm.png

Yes, with the incubator all warmed up and ready
wink.png
I should have emphasized that
smile.png
Just no turning for 12-24 hours, heat all nice and toasty.

Back
Top Bottom