Let me see your Prairie Bluebell Egger Roosters!

HamKristin

In the Brooder
May 23, 2022
Hi! My sister got a rooster accidentally in her order this year. She ordered Prairie Bluebell Eggers and Green Starlight Eggers from Hoover's Hatchery and one of them turned out to be a Roo. She thinks he is a Prairie Bluebell because all 5 of her Starlights came but she only had 4 Prairie Bluebells and then him. I can't find ANY pictures of Prairie Bluebell Roos to confirm that is what he is. He is now about 28 weeks old. I would love to breed him with some of my brown egg layers to get green eggs, but I just want to be sure he is what he is. If anyone has any pictures of Prairie Bluebell Egger Roos please share! H. Or, give me your expert opinions :) Thank you!
Goose 2.jpg
Goose.jpg

It says on the site that they are a mix of Araucana and white leghorn. They only show hens in the pictures. So I’m guessing that the roosters favor the leghorn side of the genes.

Hi! My sister got a rooster accidentally in her order this year. She ordered Prairie Bluebell Eggers and Green Starlight Eggers from Hoover's Hatchery and one of them turned out to be a Roo. She thinks he is a Prairie Bluebell because all 5 of her Starlights came but she only had 4 Prairie Bluebells and then him. I can't find ANY pictures of Prairie Bluebell Roos to confirm that is what he is. He is now about 28 weeks old. I would love to breed him with some of my brown egg layers to get green eggs, but I just want to be sure he is what he is. If anyone has any pictures of Prairie Bluebell Egger Roos please share! H. Or, give me your expert opinions :) Thank you!View attachment 3234941View attachment 3234942
He just looks like the common Delaware or Sussex hybrid to me.

Did you ever figure out what your rooster was? He looks like a starlight green egger rooster to me - all my female SGEs have large single floppy combs. I got two white/red SGEs and one partridge SGE. There's more pics of PBBs on here now, and the one PBB rooster I remember was black with white leakage around the neck and had a pea comb. I have the female version of the blue PBB rooster in this thread (mine is blue with copper on her neck).

Hi! My sister got a rooster accidentally in her order this year. She ordered Prairie Bluebell Eggers and Green Starlight Eggers from Hoover's Hatchery and one of them turned out to be a Roo. She thinks he is a Prairie Bluebell because all 5 of her Starlights came but she only had 4 Prairie Bluebells and then him. I can't find ANY pictures of Prairie Bluebell Roos to confirm that is what he is. He is now about 28 weeks old. I would love to breed him with some of my brown egg layers to get green eggs, but I just want to be sure he is what he is. If anyone has any pictures of Prairie Bluebell Egger Roos please share! H. Or, give me your expert opinions :) Thank you!View attachment 3234941View attachment 3234942
I love his colors too

Back
Top Bottom