Let' see and hear your guineas.

The white ones are so pretty!!! I love my pearls but if I had known how pretty the other colors were I would've mixed them.
I do like the white ones more then I was expecting I would. They have a slightly different look to them.
I had no idea there were different colors when I started out either. We kinda jumped into buying them at the time. Haha

The closest one on the platform is the one that is not positively identifieI agree that the one infront is a male.
My logic may be flawed or unscientific, but all of my boys' helmets are upright triangles, and my girls' are lower and slant back. 🤷‍♀️ I was right before "the twins" ever started buckwheating or helmets even prominent.

My logic may be flawed or unscientific, but all of my boys' helmets are upright triangles, and my girls' are lower and slant back. 🤷‍♀️ I was right before "the twins" ever started buckwheating or helmets even prominent.
Having a heck of a time getting this posted correctly for some reason, but I agree the one in front on the shelf is a male. Is that him high pitched whistling?
I was going to try my theory on your others but the helmets were a bit too blurred to feel confident in what I was seeing.

Having a heck of a time getting this posted correctly for some reason, but I agree the one in front on the shelf is a male. Is that him high pitched whistling?
I was going to try my theory on your others but the helmets were a bit too blurred to feel confident in what I was seeing.
I don't think so, to the best of my knowledge he did not make a sound during the video. I don't think I have ever heard him make much of any sounds at any time. He seems to be adept at not drawing attention to himself.

I’ve noticed the same thing with my young guineas(lav, white, purple) but the same isn’t always true for my jumbo pearls. For my pearls both sexes helmets stick up and curve back.

I’ve noticed the same thing with my young guineas(lav, white, purple) but the same isn’t always true for my jumbo pearls. For my pearls both sexes helmets stick up and curve back.
Interesting! In my case, it was the jumbos that brought it to my attention - I started off with 2 f/1m. I didn't see it at the time as a gender thing bc I was still waiting for the buckwheating. But as you say, the -nonjumbos?- I started seeing the pattern.

Back
Top Bottom