Lethargic and yellow projectile diarea!!! HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by PurityPaws, Oct 2, 2016.

1. PurityPaws

PurityPaws New Egg

Sep 28, 2016
    My chicken, Ms. Kitty, got into sewage ( still being fixed [​IMG]) and started eatting and drinking out of it along with are other chickens. So far everyone seems ok except Ms. Kitty. She is always laying on her belly, has yellow diarea, and is not a food hog like usual. Please someone tell me what I can give her to make her better. Some type of antibiotic or something?! Thank you!!!! P.S. First time chicken owner.

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Welcome to BYC. I would fence off the sewage area, and give them all clean water and chicken feed, and put probiotics or a small amount of plain yogurt in their feed daily. You don't really want to be treating your flock with antibiotics if not necessary. Can you separate her in a crate on paper towels, and get several fresh droppings checked by your local vet? They can check for coccidiosisi, worms, and do a gram stain for bacteria. E.coli infection can cause bright yellow droppings in chickens. All chickens have some E.coli in their guts, but an overwhelming infection can spread throughout the body. Include a picture of her droppings if you can.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by