Lethargic chick!!!!

B_o

Chirping
Mar 28, 2022
Florida
I recently got 8 chicks, one passed and another is acting weird. She has been balled up with her eyes closed almost all day. She still moves here and there and sometimes she stands in one place. I have searched around and saw i can give her egg yolk nd sugar water, ive been doing that since yesterday im not sure how long tho till i should stop… yesterday evening she has been chirping a repetitive sound not like thr other happy ones. And rn she started chirping loudly even tho another chick is with her. When i put my hand in there she sometimes calms down, rubs her head on my hand nd climbs up, also tries climbing on the other chicks. Ive noticed she is the smallest (i got them from the store). I dont have medicaded feed, nutri drench, corid, or any chick meds at the time. Do i need to get them for her to survive? She has mostly been pooping fine she has a streak i need to clean off but the vent is not clovered. She was better yesterday and has now gotten worse. 😰

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    409.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Do you have any maple syrup or molasses you can give her ? Dilute a small amount and give it to her by dropper or dip your finger and put it by little drops on top of her beak, do it slow so you know she's drinking. Keep giving her the yolk.

Do you have any maple syrup or molasses you can give her ? Dilute a small amount and give it to her by dropper or dip your finger and put it by little drops on top of her beak, do it slow so you know she's drinking. Keep giving her the yolk.
Ok. Yes we have maple surup, ill give it to her tmrw morning. Thanks

No i picked them up at a tractor store
I had this happen once, with a bunch of Bantam Polish, & Silver Spangled Hamburg chicks several years ago. I bought them, all were healthy, & happy, then started dropping dead the next day.
Never figured out what happened.

Back
Top Bottom