Lethargic chick

I am a first time chick mom I bought 6 day RIR from TS. Today it has been 5 days and I have one that is not doing well spends time by herself when I check on them making sure she is eating and drinking she had pasty butt and I cleaned her all up (the other 5 are doing very well) I fed them some cooked egg yolk they loved it want to make sure I am doing everything possible to get her strong and thriving but not sure if it’s working

Mine is one day two of being “removed” I put her with the others to socialize and she will peck around now for VERY short times but some is better than none in my book. Once I see her starting to get lethargic again I bring her back up to her manmade momma and let her rest up. Once she’s rested for a while she will eat but only scrambled eggs or egg yolk... she won’t touch her chick food ☹️ She still won’t drink on her own there are some other great threads under “lime green poop,” which mine has, that has a huge list of possible medication but I’m scared with such a small chick.

Mine is one day two of being “removed” I put her with the others to socialize and she will peck around now for VERY short times but some is better than none in my book. Once I see her starting to get lethargic again I bring her back up to her manmade momma and let her rest up. Once she’s rested for a while she will eat but only scrambled eggs or egg yolk... she won’t touch her chick food ☹️ She still won’t drink on her own there are some other great threads under “lime green poop,” which mine has, that has a huge list of possible medication but I’m scared with such a small chick.
Thank you for the information she seems to be doing a little better good luck with yours too have a good day

Back
Top Bottom