Lethargic chicken doesn't eat

Thanks, Also I think that the chicken got sick because of the hot weather we have here, is that possible?

I don't know where you are - your profile avatar doesn't say, but excessive heat can negatively affect chickens just like it does to humans. In extreme heat cases, we have brought birds in the house to cool down during the day if necessary. Fans in a run/coop help knock the heat down; so do misters, little wading pools, ice cubes in their water, and so on.

She doesn't seem to be getting the nutrients she needs, and that will make it harder for her to deal with excessive heat....

Hi yes for sure. Was she panting? You didn't mention the temperature, but I will bring chickens inside or let them soak in a bucket of water if in heat distress. I stick them in a crate with a thin layer of paper towels on a tile floor in the ac usually. I live in florida half the year. I had one fairly young hen drop dead from heat so now I'm more vigilant. Hope she is better today.

How is she doing today?
Unfortunately she died and I'm still not sure about the disease that killed her, but I found a dead pigeon on the ceiling of her home. I think she died because of bird flu by the dead pigeon, she was shaking a lot before she stopped moving and died

Unfortunately she died and I'm still not sure about the disease that killed her, but I found a dead pigeon on the ceiling of her home. I think she died because of bird flu by the dead pigeon, she was shaking a lot before she stopped moving and died
So sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom