Lethargic chicken

MCW

In the Brooder
May 21, 2021
Hoping someone has some advice here. We have two, 7-wk old crested polish chicks. They were both initially very active. However, last week, our buff became extremely lethargic. She is sleeping most of the day, has no energy, and is just not her old-self. Also seems that her legs kind of give out on her at times and she seems very unsteady/dizzy after stretching/ruffling. We started treating for coccidias last week after consulting with some folks about her poop. Doesn't seem to have improved anything. She is eating and drinking fine. Google has made me literally diagnose her with everything under the sun. Appreciate if anyone has a similar experience to share. Attaching a few photos in case it helps.

Attachments

• pearl1.JPG
    pearl1.JPG
    307.3 KB · Views: 4
  • pearl2.jpg
    pearl2.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 3
  • pearl3.jpg
    pearl3.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Is she breathing heavily?
Doesn’t appear to be. She does seem to be “yawning” a bit more frequently than i remember. We check her crop everyday and it fills and empties. But read that the yawning may also be related to a respiratory thing...she doesn’t however seem to have any other respiratory symptoms.

Thanks for your replies. We are using the corid now. Another thing I didn’t mention is that she seems very unsteady. After she stretches or ruffles, she loses her balance.

Back
Top Bottom