Lethargic Chicken!!!

graceraby

Hatching
9 Years
Sep 6, 2010
Hi can any1 give me any advice? My chicken is very lethargic today. Is just stood in the coop been in the same spot all day not moved had no food or water. Just keeps closing it's eyes but it is stood up. It was an ex battery hen and has never been as good as the other 2 we got at the same time. We have had them about 3 mnths now and this 1 has never laid and it's feathers are very dull and its comb is a light pink. Some would say its not much use to us but we have grown to love her can any1 offer any advice??
hmm.png

hi i am new to this as well but from reading here sometimes it can be lice or mites try dusting her,someone told me last night to give my hen sugar water and it really seemed to help she is a lot better today

Hi thanx we did the mite thing it's definetly had them but seem clear now. i'll defo try the sugar water thing tho c if it perks her up at all:(

I haven't actually had to deal with this myself, I've just read about it here on BYC. Try feeling her belly. Try to determine if you can feel excess fluid or an egg-like mass. You may also need to inspect her vent. Try doing a seach on internal laying or egg bound hens. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can help.

Back
Top Bottom