Lethargic, diarrhea then shell-less egg

Itā€™s weird...2 of my girls have calcium spots on their eggs from excess calcium (I think), so I figured they were getting more than enough calcium from their feed. I guess their systems need different amounts. Iā€™ll keep oyster shell out there from now on though.

Thank you, my girl is acting completely normal! She also went a few days without laying and then laid a beautiful, healthy looking egg this morning! Best part? She laid it in the nesting box šŸ˜† (Sheā€™s been dropping them off the roost during the night for a while). I even got to hear her egg song again since she was finally awake when she laid it. šŸ™ŒšŸ»
Yay I love that song. And good news in laying in the box! Well I spoke too soon cause she was real sleepy yesterday and sure enough another shell-less egg then I think she laid a goofy egg looks leathery next to gate outside. I truly think she thought it was a poo! Now she's back to normal , so it might happen again to you. Glad yours is back to her sassy self. :wee

Yay I love that song. And good news in laying in the box! Well I spoke too soon cause she was real sleepy yesterday and sure enough another shell-less egg then I think she laid a goofy egg looks leathery next to gate outside. I truly think she thought it was a poo! Now she's back to normal , so it might happen again to you. Glad yours is back to her sassy self. :wee
Bummer yours laid soft shell again...but Iā€™m glad sheā€™s back to normal now. My girl has been ok since her episode but I cracked one of her eggs open this morning and the shell was pretty thin. I guess theyā€™ve been thin lately but my husband (who eats most of the eggs) didnā€™t think to mention it to me.šŸ™„ I hope she doesnā€™t have a problem again too. I have oyster shell out there for them and their feed has calcium...idk what else to do? My Easter egger laid an egg today covered in calcium spots. So one is getting excess calcium and another may be deficient šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

What! Hubby did not report! Doesn't he know we obsess about those things :rant ha ha . Well they taste the same either way. If it's free choice there is not much else you can do, and she may never do it again just know I have her sister ha ha . At least she's healthy now did she reclaim her position in the hierarchy? :plbb

What! Hubby did not report! Doesn't he know we obsess about those things :rant ha ha . Well they taste the same either way. If it's free choice there is not much else you can do, and she may never do it again just know I have her sister ha ha . At least she's healthy now did she reclaim her position in the hierarchy? :plbb
Oh he knows I obsess...he just chooses not to jump on that crazy train šŸ˜†
She definitely resumed her spot as number 3 chicken boss...she likes to remind the lower ones of that frequently. šŸ™„ #2 boss didnā€™t used to check-peck her but she does occasionally now. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
99% of the time things are harmonious so weā€™re good! Did your girl lose her spot in the hierarchy ladder?

She's still the queen but less agressive with us humans. (and maybe it's just because she's gotten older). She's still first in line at feed bucket, but doesn't peck hubby or me like her gold digging sister that never missed a chance at pecking my ring! Maybe she's mellowed out a little. She used to come visit when I cleaned coop and she doesn't much anymore, but now that I think about it I pour food before that so she's running the food line :woot

She's still the queen but less agressive with us humans. (and maybe it's just because she's gotten older). She's still first in line at feed bucket, but doesn't peck hubby or me like her gold digging sister that never missed a chance at pecking my ring! Maybe she's mellowed out a little. She used to come visit when I cleaned coop and she doesn't much anymore, but now that I think about it I pour food before that so she's running the food line :woot
I have one in particular I wish would mellow out. I call her the screamer cause sheā€™s loud all day. ( the sassy one in my profile pic)

My girl has always just been ā€œthereā€. She isnā€™t loud and obnoxious but she isnā€™t sweet or lovable either. Up until she got sick she really had very little attention (never wanted it). I was hoping she would let me hold her more after I returned her to the flock but sheā€™s just as aloof as before šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
Btw watch that ring! Iā€™ve heard stories or chickens eating the stones out of rings/earrings before šŸ˜‚

Back
Top Bottom