Lethargic hen, pullet recently died - what can I do? -FINAL UPDATE

Well, she is a brahma - and her "boyfriend" is my favourite bird personality wise. I got them when they were a few months old, and he (Edgar) har been calm and trusting all along. This hen was a bit more hesitant, but always calm. She hasn't liked me these past days, forcing her to do things, but being a brahma, she hasn't given me much trouble.

I love brahmas!
smile.png
They are just big softies!

Uncle Blue is the last of four. I ordered four chicks and was told most (if not all) were pullets. All turned out to be roos, so I have been giving them away. The last one is leaving for a new home tomorrow. The poorly cockerel I had to put down was one of them.

Gorgeous birds, but with no hens, I figured I might as well stick to the other breeds I have. Planning on breeding brahmas and faverolles, and with the tiny pen space I have adding to that list now was trouble anyway.
tongue.png

Merete the hen is now back with her Edgar and the others. She is fully recovered, has the appetite of a horse and was very happy to see her boyfriend. Even though I put her back in the middle of the night, they decided to have a little reunion "chicken business" not a minute after I put her down on the floor.
roll.png

No idea what the problem was. Maybe she ate some bad food, like a fermented apple or something. Luckily, it does not seem as I have an epidemic of anything, the one death, the one that needed to be put down and this case are probably unrelated, as the symptoms weren't really the same.

Anywho, yay!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom