Lethargic Rooster with seizures and drooling

CrazyChicLadyLitheria

In the Brooder
Mar 26, 2019
Sanford, FL
One of my roosters, Geek Mode, is very lethargic, is having seizures and is drooling mucus according to my son (I'm not there, I'm at work trying to fix my car). His poop is dark green and not runny and the picture he sent of his comb doesn't look pale. Does anyone know what could possibly be wrong with him? Is there anything I can do to help him?

Attachments

• received_508136553803699.jpeg
    received_508136553803699.jpeg
    118.8 KB · Views: 63
Okay, so I am home now and looking at him. He isn't seizing, it seems he is trying to stand up but all he does is flop from one side to the other and flap his wings. He hasn't opened his eyes nor can he lift his head at all. He's got thick mucus in his mouth but it doesn't stink at all. His comb and wattles don't look pale and his poop is completely normal. I've checked him over for lice and mites, no signs at all that he has any. I'm at a total loss as to what to do here.

He is a free range rooster so I don't even know if he got into something he shouldn't of. He was fine when he was put up last night and was like this when my son went to let them out this morning.

Attached is a picture of his poop he had this morning.

Attachments

• 20210718_111519.jpg
    20210718_111519.jpg
    828.6 KB · Views: 27
He passed away roughly 15 minutes ago. He was with the whole flock which has 5 cockerels, him included, that we know of for sure. Two of those are mad smaller than him. I didn't see any injuries on him what so ever.

As for getting into something, there is a chance. We have nightshade species that grow all over our 13 acres as well as a few other toxic plants (pokeweed, etc). Rotten or moldy things, most likely not unless one of our cats left a kill in the tall grass which is possible.

He was opening his eyes towards the end when he was trying to move. We tried both sugar water and Sav-a-chick water but neither helped at all.

Back
Top Bottom