Lethargic, with green poop

Inside of beak looks good to me.

The products you are giving her look fine to me too. I've not use the HydroHen, but it seems like a good electrolyte. I do like Poultry Cell, but my birds don't. They will not drink water with it in it, absolutely refuse, so if I have one that needs the vitamins, I just direct dose at 1cc per 3 pounds of weight once daily for 3 days.

I'm glad she's improving some, she may have been traumatized by the racoon. She may have also bashed herself up pretty good too just by running into fencing/wire or other objects. Once panicked, birds can get a bit bonkers and do themselves in. She may have hit her head. Don't know unless you were there to witness every detail.

Inside of beak looks good to me.

The products you are giving her look fine to me too. I've not use the HydroHen, but it seems like a good electrolyte. I do like Poultry Cell, but my birds don't. They will not drink water with it in it, absolutely refuse, so if I have one that needs the vitamins, I just direct dose at 1cc per 3 pounds of weight once daily for 3 days.

I'm glad she's improving some, she may have been traumatized by the racoon. She may have also bashed herself up pretty good too just by running into fencing/wire or other objects. Once panicked, birds can get a bit bonkers and do themselves in. She may have hit her head. Don't know unless you were there to witness every detail.
Thanks for your help. We are going to give it a little longer and see if she improves more.

Hi! I have had one of my hens in the house for a week and she is better than she was but still not great. Not sure what to try next. She still has runny poop green/yellowish white in color. She is not eating and drinking on her own. We are using a syringe and getting food/water in her.

We gave her electrolytes, poultry cell, charcoal, pumpkin, crushed layer pellets, whole pellets, scratch, fresh veggies, and have been treating with corid. She improved with the corid treatment, keeping her eyes open more, her head stopped bobbing. She still does not appear to be eating or drinking and her poop still isn’t normal.
Hi. Did you ever find out what it was? I’ve experienced this with some chickens in the past.

Back
Top Bottom