Let's Ask Kathy 😄

Pineapple on pizza?

• Total voters
It's the hardest we've been hit in a while. Trees and poles broken everywhere we will be without power for a while. We ended up getting the eye and eyewall as a cat 2 borderline 3
Is your house ok? It looked like from Slidell to Gulf Port got the strongest winds. If I remember right, you’re in Slidell right?

It's the hardest we've been hit in a while. Trees and poles broken everywhere we will be without power for a while. We ended up getting the eye and eyewall as a cat 2 borderline 3
Wowsers. Glad your okay. Can we assume your house and chickens/animals are all safe & accounted for?

My worthless IPhone thinks it knows what I am talking about and I am using the wrong word so it changes it to what it thinks it should be.. I hate my iphone
You know you can turn off predictive keyboard right? And autocorrect as well.
I don't think they do, really. Teaching of history has gotten so bad that I'll bet if you went to the beach one day and did one of those videos where you ask random strangers about WWI & WWII, most of the middle-aged & younger could tell you very little about the WWs. Hey, plenty of people don't even know what "country" we fought in the Civil War. 🤷‍♀️

That surprises me though, your story. I'm very sorry you went through that. I grew up in central FL in the 60s-70s and I never saw anything like that. I suppose one would have expected it in the 40s & maybe the 50s but it doesn't seem to have been a thing where I lived. There are a large number of people of German ancestry in the USA (including some German ancestry in myself), many of whom have lived here for many generations.

The fashion now seems to be to call anyone with whom one disagrees a "NAZI". (By "Nazi", they do not mean "German national" at all—not even in the slightest. They mean "someone I hate and to whom I have attributed the greatest evils I can imagine".) They are not talking about Germans at all. They are (not to put too fine a point on it) talking about political conservatives. They are talking about me; not because of my degree of German ancestry, but because they truly believe that I and others like me are evil, racist, etc (insert perjorative-of-choice here).

They're not talking about you (or not because you're German, at least—not this time). Trust me on this, They are definitely talking about me and others like me (which may or may not include you.)

Most of those accusations are being made by people who know little of what historical Nazis even believed or stood for & thus being themselves in some significant danger of becoming the very thing they profess to hate.
Trust me. I gotcha. I know mean when they use that term. Its just such a loaded word and I feel its used too flippantly. If it were a thing in the distant past it would likely be different but, shockingly, "they" are gaining ground again politically and socially. Thats the real scary part. Never mind me being touchy about it, thats my problem. I am very afraid of the neo's that are stepping out of the shadows in droves.

Hey, maybe you would know, since you seem to know Pokemon stuff -- is there a chicken Pokemon yet? Or a guinea?
Heck, I need a guinea Pokemon... it'd kill you with noise....
Torchic and Blazikhen (not sure how to spell that last one) are both chicken pokemon. Have yet to see a guinea pokemon.... tho it's been a while since I played.
Any one of many fictional thingimajiggers that you can catch in little hammerspace balls and collect ridiculous numbers of.
.... This is the best description I have ever heard :lau :lau :lau

Back
Top Bottom