Lets play a guessing game! What are his origins?!

CrazyCochin

~Crazy~
5 Years
May 21, 2019
Washington State, aka The pacific NorthWest
We have this rooster, his name is Pipit! He is a barnyard mix, and since we have SO many different breeds, we cant keep track of whose eggs are whose!
So you all are invited to put in a guess, but I will say this... I personally think he is Red sex link mixed.
IMG_4392.jpg

Have fun!

What breeds do you have? He definitely had to have a barred parent. The comb says one parent had something like a pea comb, or maybe a rose comb.

What breeds do you have? He definitely had to have a barred parent. The comb says one parent had something like a pea comb, or maybe a rose comb.
Too many, that's for sure, amerucanas, easter eggers, barred rock, maran, BO, Red sex links, all three Brahma variations, and a barnyard mixed rooster, who is red and white... and that is a few! We just got a pure breed rooster, a BB to be specific, to add new genes! But pipit is for sure not from him...

Too many, that's for sure, amerucanas, easter eggers, barred rock, maran, BO, Red sex links, all three Brahma variations, and a barnyard mixed rooster, who is red and white... and that is a few! We just got a pure breed rooster, a BB to be specific, to add new genes! But pipit is for sure not from him...

So, one parent has to be barred. Is the mixed breed rooster barred? Are your marans cuckoo marans? If not, and your EEs aren't barred, that leaves barred rock as one parent. The other parent, then, would have to have a pea comb. So that would narrow it down some.

Do you have any Dominiques?
I believe he has a modified rose comb.

So, one parent has to be barred. Is the mixed breed rooster barred? Are your marans cuckoo marans? If not, and your EEs aren't barred, that leaves barred rock as one parent. The other parent, then, would have to have a pea comb. So that would narrow it down some.
I will post pics of the rooster! And yes they are cuckoos, and no he isn't barred, the possible daddy.

Back
Top Bottom