1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Lets play again......Roo or Pullets

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by StormyMoon, May 7, 2011.

1. StormyMoon

StormyMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    This bunch is 7 weeks old. I am easy going I like being told the truth no sugar coating [​IMG]
    I also understand these aren't the best pictures, please bare with me I will keep trying to get better ones.
    Thank you !

EE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not very good pictures these guys are very flighty

EE

[​IMG]

EE

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    Looks like you have an assortment of roosters with one (far right white) possibly being a pullet.

3. StormyMoon

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    I always end up with the ROOS lol

Its like I am a magnet for roos

4. fshinggrl

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    Quote:Sounds like my hatching luck. I set 16 eggs, only 4 hatched (25%) and I am certain that all four of them are roosters. [​IMG] Hopefully I am wrong, but I'm going by combs & color.

5. StormyMoon

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    Quote:Sounds like my hatching luck. I set 16 eggs, only 4 hatched (25%) and I am certain that all four of them are roosters. [​IMG] Hopefully I am wrong, but I'm going by combs & color.

Will you try again?

I hope they are pullets ugh what a mess.

I bought 15 EE chicks hoping to get at least 1/2 n 1/2 I ended up with 4 Pullets and the rest were ALL roos. Well unless this 3rd white one on the far right is a Pullet then I will have 5 ......wishful thinking !!! I sold a few of them this is what I have left, of what I thought were roos, and I made sure that the buyer was aware they was roos.
    I had to separate them cause these 2 white chicks here on the left are mean as hell, and they pluck the feathers out of all the rest of them.
    So the girls or what I know is girls with peach color combs at this exact age are in a separate pen away from the mean bullies.

6. SIMPleChick

SIMPleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Utah
    Quote:I agree! SORRY!!!! Just sold my little EE guy yesterday, he was 6 weeks and all ROO! [​IMG]

7. fshinggrl

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity

Will you try again?

It was a borrowed incubator, or else yes, I would try again..

8. StormyMoon

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    I hope you get a chance to try again. Sorry I didnt get back here as soon we have been spring cleaning here gutting our coop sanitizing and moving chicks outside to make room for more.....

9. smokeykk

smokeykk Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:X2

The feet are smaller

10. RareBreedFancier

RareBreedFancier Surrounded by Broodies

Nov 5, 2010
    Australia :)
    I agree the far right one looks like the only pullet. [​IMG]

Quote:Hate to say it but it could be worse, I hatched 16 chicks, now 8wo and I have 1 pullet, 2 ? (leaning towards roo) and 13 roos! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by