Let's Play Pullet or Cockerel

Geckolady

Counting Chickens B4 They're Hatched
Sep 12, 2020
east central Arizona
Chick #1 is 15 days old. This little chick likes to follow me around peeping, and has a lot to say. Because of this, I have tentatively named it Gabby. Is Gabby a Gabriel?
20210723_153223.jpg

Chick #2 is also 15 days old, and the largest of the three. What do you think?

20210723_153333.jpg

And last but not least, #3. This one is only 13 days old, it tried to hatch the day after the first two and was hopelessly shrink wrapped. After giving it day I had to assist it in hatching, but it came through fine and is now as lively as the other two.
20210723_153424.jpg

Many thanks for your time and help!

Sorry! They are too young. 3-4 weeks will be better to guess but not for sure until 5-7 weeks more. What breed are they? They sure are pretty!
I bought the parents from a show breeder/judge who said they are cuckoo leghorns. He wanted them gone because he said he bought a bird from someone who should have known the bird would produce off coloring due to something in its background, possibly an exchequer, and these birds showed some white feathers mixed in with the cuckoo. Whatever. I'm totally happy with the little flock, guess you could just call them cute little leggerns. :)

I bought the parents from a show breeder/judge who said they are cuckoo leghorns. He wanted them gone because he said he bought a bird from someone who should have known the bird would produce off coloring due to something in its background, possibly an exchequer, and these birds showed some white feathers mixed in with the cuckoo. Whatever. I'm totally happy with the little flock, guess you could just call them cute little leggerns. :)
In that case, boys should be quite apparent by 5 weeks. They can't hide those big combs!

Back
Top Bottom