Let's play the color game! (Pic heavy)

I keep looking at these pictures, they are so beautiful!!
thumbsup.gif

I want to ask a question about the coloring terminology. Ranges (dark, red, ?, etc.) have no stripes? But Rosettas and Scarlets and Italians have striping. Is that correct? And when I say striping, I mean a dark or light colored contrasting stripe down the feather shaft.

bfrancis!
Those are some beautiful birds! Of coarse, the make me want more. LOL!
Please tell your wife she's done a great job!
thumbsup.gif

O.K.
Well since this is a color game, I thought I'd play too. As far as adult birds, there doesn't seem to be much to add.
gig.gif

But I do have 2 little stinkers , that are a mystery to me and thought I"d post them here.

Parents are Jumbo Brown Coturnix, Just a handful of birds I got this summer as babies. We put a few of their eggs in the bator, and these 2 are not Jumbo Brown! LOL!
Kinda like the Sesame Street game..."which one doesn't belong" LOL!

Hatched just 2 days ago.

100_6156.jpg

100_6183.jpg

Sorry bout the messy brooder, but it seems they get that way in about 10 minutes.
gig.gif
and because they are so hard to hold onto, I took the pic down in the brooder.

I'd love to get an ID on these. They are so pretty. And stand out like sore thumbs in the rest of the Jumbo Browns. LOL!

Hey critter, those are roux dilute chicks! They can still be jumbo if they came from the browns, just means the browns carry a gene for dilution in their background
smile.png

Quote:
Cool!!
Thank you!

I'll be keeping these 2!

I'm a little disapointed though. I was hoping to be able to come back and add a color when they grew that bfrancis didn't have.
th.gif
lol

1. Deepfry

2. Top deck

3. rocky

4. coffee foam with chocolate sprinkles

5.marble cake two toned (strawberry colouring went missing)

6. Dark chocolate

7. Milk chocolate

8. Mixed chocolate

9. marshmellow brulee

10. toasted evenly marshmellow

11. Coffee foam stirred with chocolate sprinkles

Quote:
Cool!!
Thank you!

I'll be keeping these 2!

I'm a little disapointed though. I was hoping to be able to come back and add a color when they grew that bfrancis didn't have.
th.gif
lol

You should have asked for the spare project eggs I had after packing your eggs
big_smile.png
I bet there would be something funky in that bunch lol!
Next time my friend
smile.png

Quote:
Cool!!
Thank you!

I'll be keeping these 2!

th.gif
lol

You should have asked for the spare project eggs I had after packing your eggs
big_smile.png
I bet there would be something funky in that bunch lol!
Next time my friend
smile.png

gig.gif
I bet there would be... I will remember that. lol... Next time? you are starting to sound like you know me too well!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom