Let's see your CHICKEN TRACTORS

Sorry I dont mean to hijack your thread. I promise I'll
duc.gif

digitS' :

As far as those that go above a pen: This guy is in the UK and probably can't get at me quite as easily
wink.png
. But, I think nearly all of these fine looking coops look like a well built doghouse on stilts. Don't you?

Steve

I know what you mean. Thanks for all the great links. I think all of those look great. I wish the US would have have a manufacturers who did coops like that. I see all over the UK prebuilt coops. Someone over here need to start a business doing this.​

This is my take on a chicken tractor. It has a steel frame and covered with chicken mesh. I don't use my chicken tractor to permanently house my chickens because I have a huge coop and chicken run. It is used as a half way stop over between the brooder and the chicken run. They normally stay in here from 5 weeks to about 12 weeks when I introduce them to my flock (Buff Orpingtons). When and how long they spent in the tractor, depends on the season and the temperature.

At the moment I am raising 20 Guinea Fowl Keats (6 weaks old) in the tractor moving them around in my garden for a fresh supply of green grass to eat.

Gate and front side.

Feeding tray and water

The roof is covered with shade cloth and corrugated iron sheet

Back
Top Bottom