Let's share our chicken decor!

Pics
Your stories about pets not recognizing you are too funny, sunflour & enola! My 'other life' occasionally requires hats or fascinators to be worn and I refused to buy one; I was certain my Katy Pecky (silver laced wyandotte) would molt and I could make my own. I'm still waiting and she hasn't molted (she's 20 months old so you can imagine what her feathers look like- not hat quality). I should have saved one of the australorp's feathers! I'll post what I eventually make here.

@lovemy6hens

I used to make my own baseball caps, all are given away, may still have one I made for a halloween golf tourney tucked away somewhere.

Would love to see the feather hat if you get a molt. I will share if you need extra feathers, I expect a big crop again this year..LOL. Mine went thru their first molt end of last summer into the fall…with only 6 hens removed buckets of them from the run every week. It was such a shame to throw those away, but couldn't think of a creative use.

What's a "fascinator"? A feathery hat?
caf.gif

so cute!!! I agree!

BTW my new avatar is actually the design on my new T shirt. Figured out what it says yet?
I have a whole wardrobe of cute chicki T-shirts. My friends get a kick out seeing what I've found next.
Guess I will have to get a pic of a couple and post them.

Is it a picture of chicken pot pie (or pi)?

Almost missed sharing this...someone crocheted it for me and did a terrific job. Guess it could be used as a hot pad or to set something hot on but I just keep it in the dining room for looks.

Back
Top Bottom