Let's share our chicken decor!

Pics
YES. really eyeballing your furniture, you didn't get them for a few dollars. Did the chairs come with chicken cushions or did you trick them out?
I bet she tricked them out...
smile.png

That was on sale fabric from Hobby Lobby. Last time I was there they still had it. I popped out those seats and recovered them. The chairs and antique table(oak draw leaf) and another buffet(not the one in the picture) we picked up at a garage sale for $350.00 There are six chairs. (cheaper than a new set) The buffet was my grandma's who had the chickens. Probably where my addiction to chickens started. My furniture is not new, but I have always tried to take really good care of it. Why buy new when you can find such pretty things at thrift stores and garage sales. Usually with a little furniture polish they look brand new. I probably need to refinish the cupboard, but haven't got around to it. My husband is a good bargainer. His first words are always "Can you do a little better on the price?" I guess we have been lucky with furniture and gotten really good deals on the used pieces we have picked up.

I don't know, the new stuff just doesn't seem to have, you know, the life, the guts, the grace that the older stuff has. Your finds and hand-me-downs are beautiful.

Besides, the stuff you inherit has the added value of family history.

I don't know, the new stuff just doesn't seem to have, you know, the life, the guts, the grace that the older stuff has. Your finds and hand-me-downs are beautiful.

Besides, the stuff you inherit has the added value of family history.

x2, beautiful stuff @reindeermama !

Here's my egg basket, posted it as decor here in March.

@NorthFLChick , I like yours better, this works for me but DH would do better with one flatter and more open on the top.

@Miss Lydia , and easter basket is perfect.

Back
Top Bottom