Let's share our chicken decor!

Pics
I like the new roosters you're getting @sunflour . Are they made of metal like your old ones?

I like my personal mementos and "clutter", most everything has a story behind it or a good memory. I'm sorry you don't have your mom's roosters anymore but I do like the new ones
Thanks, they are cast iron. I adore cast iron things.

Here's a pair of "reclaimed" wall planters - they were my Grandmother's and had been packed away in a box under my Mom's house since the 60's and in a box in my garage for years.
I think they are Peacocks, DH thought Turkeys…
big_smile.png
Now to find a place for them.

Thanks, they are cast iron. I adore cast iron things.

Here's a pair of "reclaimed" wall planters - they were my Grandmother's and had been packed away in a box under my Mom's house since the 60's and in a box in my garage for years.
I think they are Peacocks, DH thought Turkeys…
big_smile.png
Now to find a place for them.

I like those and belonging to your Grandmother makes them very special

@sunflour , I'm sorry about your mom's roosters, but I really like those ones you've ordered. They're beautiful.
And your grandmother's peacock/turkeys are so neat, too, and a nice memory of her. Whenever I look at my grandma's things that I have, I remember them the way they were in her house. You say they're planters?

@sunflour , I'm sorry about your mom's roosters, but I really like those ones you've ordered. They're beautiful.
And your grandmother's peacock/turkeys are so neat, too, and a nice memory of her. Whenever I look at my grandma's things that I have, I remember them the way they were in her house. You say they're planters?
Thanks, yes they have places in the back for a small plant or whatever, and holes to hang them on the wall. My father's mother died when I was really young and don't remember these in her home, but know they were hers. Now to find them a place in my home.

And I am certain they are peacocks. Won over DH with …….ahhhh…. discussion :)

They're very cool. Will you use them as planters? I hope you'll show us a photo when they've found a home in your home!
No idea yet where to use them, running out of wall space LOL. For now they join other items waiting for a place.
big_smile.png
But, will post pic when can decide.

I agree with you @sunflour , peacocks for sure. It's so nice to have things that have been passed down. I have some stuff from my older relatives that mean a lot to me...I just wish someone back then had collected chicken things, lol!

Isn't this an awesome pot rack? They had it at Joss and Main. The only problem I have with buying it, is everyone but my daughter and I will hit our head on the pots hanging from it if I get it. We are just a little shy of 5 feet, but my husband is 5'11 and my son is getting there lol. Just thought I would share if anybody on here is looking for a chicken themed decor one. I guess I'll keep putting my into the drawers under my oven.

could you shorten the hanging chain to provide a little more headroom away from hanging pans?. I'm under 5' so most things don't come near me.

Back
Top Bottom