Lets talk about goats!

New baby. I think this one is a boy. Sorry about the poor picture.

Last edited:
Adorable! Is he full blooded Boer or a cross (I assume he's at least part Boer since his mama seems to be a Boer but I could be wrong)?
He has to be a cross. Nigerian cross and Boar. I was a little late getting my Boar billy. But he seems to be well muscled and sturdy. He is nursing and momma still has he afterbirth showing. It must have happened about 2 o'clock this afternoon. I found her when I went up to move the goats to another pasture.

He has to be a cross. Nigerian cross and Boar. I was a little late getting my Boar billy. But he seems to be well muscled and sturdy. He is nursing and momma still has he afterbirth showing. It must have happened about 2 o'clock this afternoon. I found her when I went up to move the goats to another pasture.

Ah, I've seen some of those crosses before, they seem like they're good goats. He does look pretty sturdy and strong to me! Congrats! :highfive:

While we do have favorite breeds there are certain breeds that are better for certain activities. I show, so Boers are really the best option.

I show dairy goats, preferably recorded grades and they are a good option as well. Depends on if you wanna milk or not and if you wanna dehorn or disbud. Boers can keep their horns at most shows and dairy goats have to be dehorned to show.

While we do have favorite breeds there are certain breeds that are better for certain activities. I show, so Boers are really the best option. 

I definitely agree! I think many of us pick a favorite breed off of what we want to do with our goats too, because then we would pick a breed that's suited for that activity. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom