Lets talk about goats!

Pics
Anyone let there goats and chickens hangout together? Though I know goats can't have the chicks feed.

My goats regularly raid the chook feeders, the only danger they are in is if I catch them. ;)

I can tell you I lost the best dairy goat I ever had died after she got into the chicken feed. Evidently your goats are used to it. Mine wasn't. And for her it was fatal.

I am very late weaning mine. They are almost 6 months old and I finally made udder bras for my does because I can not seperate them with my set up but I think most people wean anywhere from 3-4 months. Congrats on the new cutie!!!

Also if you are going to milk your doe you can begin separating the kid over night at 2 weeks and milking in the morning and leaving baby with your doe all day.

Last edited:
Anyone let there goats and chickens hangout together? Though I know goats can't have the chicks feed.

My goats regularly raid the chook feeders, the only danger they are in is if I catch them. ;)

Our goats hang with the chickens some but we remove any feeders first. Our bantam rooster spars with our Boer goats. Its pretty funny. We also let the chickens in the goat yard on occassion to scratch the dirt and eat fly larvae.

I'm new to caring for goats. My Nigerian Dwarf doe recently had a kid. At what age do you wean kids from their moms?

Weaning is usually done around three months but my kid is only working on two months and his momma is trying to cut him off.

Our goats hang with the chickens some but we remove any feeders first. Our bantam rooster spars with our Boer goats. Its pretty funny. We also let the chickens in the goat yard on occassion to scratch the dirt and eat fly larvae.
Weaning is usually done around three months but my kid is only working on two months and his momma is trying to cut him off.

I have angora and boar goats my oldest goat would be 11-12 years old , they regularly break in to the chook yards and clean the bowls. I guess it depends what you feed your chooks, as to how dangerous it would be to a goat. My boar are 3 years old and weigh about 60kg. they lean on the gate till it swings open cause they are too fat to jump the fence.

Back
Top Bottom