Lets talk about goats!

Pics
From left to right Danny and Poppy

:D

Last edited:
That is great I know it'll be a while before we can get any. My husband is still finishing my chicken house. He does want goats though that should give me some time to research and see which kind or kinds to get lol. I also need to figure out how we need to build our goat shed. Any advice on a layout from someone with experience would be welcome too. Not experience building. Experience with goats and there needs.

We just got dave and annabell, 2 very cute pygmy goats. born in april, they were not human hand reared very well. Oh so scared and very slow process getting them to not run when we come into their pen area. I think Dave getting banded just prior to use picking him up made him very scittish (sp?) lol. Annie is getting better.
Any thoughts of getting them less scared. They need their hooves clipped. Will get picks up soon. Our chickens have nothing to do with them.

We just got  dave and annabell, 2 very cute pygmy goats.  born in april, they were not human hand reared very well.  Oh so scared and very slow process getting them to not run when we come into their pen area.  I think Dave getting banded just prior to use picking him up made him very scittish (sp?)  lol.  Annie is getting better.
Any thoughts of getting them less scared.  They need their hooves clipped.   Will get picks up soon.  Our chickens have nothing to do with them.

Food is the best way to a goats heart. Do not overdue it though. Mine love raisens. I got 2 pygmys that way and one took me about 7 days and the other took more like a month. Congrats on the new goats.

We just got  dave and annabell, 2 very cute pygmy goats.  born in april, they were not human hand reared very well.  Oh so scared and very slow process getting them to not run when we come into their pen area.  I think Dave getting banded just prior to use picking him up made him very scittish (sp?)  lol.  Annie is getting better.
Any thoughts of getting them less scared.  They need their hooves clipped.   Will get picks up soon.  Our chickens have nothing to do with them.

:welcome. Goats are far less intimidated if you get down to their level. Find yourself a comfy place and sit with a little bucket of pellets. Let them size you up and don't annunciate any contact , just let them . I have a park bench in the pen and I take a magazine and coffee and just sit with them. But start off at ground level so you don't look so tall and menacing.

:welcome. Goats are far less intimidated if you get down to their level. Find yourself a comfy place and sit with a little bucket of pellets. Let them size you up and don't annunciate any contact , just let them . I have a park bench in the pen and I take a magazine and coffee and just sit with them. But start off at ground level so you don't look so tall and menacing.
thats how I got my goats to get used to me. I only fed them from my hand or while holding the dish and I would just sit down with them while they ate. In only a few weeks I couldn't get them off of me! Now they run to me and will follow me and answer when I call them.

thats how I got my goats to get used to me. I only fed them from my hand or while holding the dish and I would just sit down with them while they ate. In only a few weeks I couldn't get them off of me! Now they run to me and will follow me and answer when I call them.

Lol, mine all know their names. Getting down to their level definitely works. I do the same with my chicks.

Our goats look in the direction of their names as though the tone makes them look. Annie is becoming social though when she starts to come over dave makes her turn away. I guess it stems from when he did have human interaction it was to get banded. Poor baby. They are so cute. Both black, she has white specs on her ears. I love his waddles. Our next thing is to trim the hooves. oh boy.

Back
Top Bottom