Lets talk about goats!

I don't think mine is :(

This may be old information, but biotracking offers pregnancy testing via a blood draw. The needle and vacutainer were available at my vet. The lab fee combined with the supplies were under $10, so very reasonable. I drew my own goats blood. I'm not sure if you are comfortable doing it. There are youtube videos on how to draw. I got it my first time ever drawing on a goat, but I've been a nurse for many years...
Good luck!

Sure wish I knew her bred date so that I could be more sure of when she's going to deliver. I'm sure we have a while yet ... thinking February.

ETA- She is a Nigerian Dwarf bred to a Nigerian Dwarf.

Last edited:
Sure wish I knew her bred date so that I could be more sure of when she's going to deliver. I'm sure we have a while yet ... thinking February. ETA- She is a Nigerian Dwarf bred to a Nigerian Dwarf.
She looks SO much like my girl! Same coloring and everything! My girl is due in 4-6 weeks.

Well, I was going to post a recent pic of her, but she is sleeping in the barn. Here is one from last month.

Hi. Can anyone tell me how much grain I should be feeding my two twelve week old wethered pygmies?
I am offering free choice hay and a half cup of goat grain twice daily but they seem so hungry. Is this enough?

Hi. Can anyone tell me how much grain I should be feeding my two twelve week old wethered pygmies?
I am offering free choice hay and a half cup of goat grain twice daily but they seem so hungry. Is this enough?

I do not own pygmies, I only own NDs, but what you are feeding them sounds good to me... I know many people don't feed weathers any grain at all. Even buck really don't need grain unless they are in rut, and have a large herd to breed.
This is based on info I've gathered from other owners, and I'm new to goats myself.
It sounds like you are doing all the right things! If you do give weathers grain, I was told only 1/2 cup twice a day.
My bucks get free choice hay, minerals, and kelp. I only give them grain if its bitter cold, or if I have a doe with him for breeding. I do give my pregnant girls and milkers grain.
Are you going to butcher your boys, or just keep them as pets? If you plan to butcher, Im not sure about increased grain to bulk them up faster?
Good luck! I hope this helped...

Our goats get a mix of goat pellet, rolled oat, alphalfa pellet, and black oil sunflower seeds. They also get browse, hay, and loose mineral.

Back
Top Bottom