Lets talk about goats!

Quote: We had an older ND buck, and a Nubian female for our first crossing. He was a fairly large Nigerian.

We have a mini nubian, great goat. Many people dont need the amount of milk a nubian gives so why feed such a big goat and the minis eat less and give enough milk usually for a family.
Exactly. They are great. We usually have 3 girls milking, and almost always have more milk than we need.
smile.png

Quote:
We call them What What goats. I love our Nigerian Dwarfs but those mini nubians win the cute contest hands down. We have seen them on Craig's list but when I posted a link on The Goat Spot for people to offer opinions, they weren't good. So we need to find a reputable breeder before we buy any.
We had a buck we called Wha Wha for that very reason.
lol.png

What did the people there say?

Last edited:
There was some questionable information in the ad that led the experts to believe they might not really know their goats. It's been several months so I don't remember specifically. But I was advised to steer clear of that particular breeder. If you've never been on The Goat Spot, you should visit. Really good forum for goat owners.

There was some questionable information in the ad that led the experts to believe they might not really know their goats. It's been several months so I don't remember specifically. But I was advised to steer clear of that particular breeder. If you've never been on The Goat Spot, you should visit. Really good forum for goat owners.
It's unfortunate when that happens. People just take a "popular", or well known breed, and sell it, without knowing about the breed or representing it properly. I have been on The Goat Spot; I even have an account. I just can't remember my username or password. Something about Dorpers and Mini Nubians, I'm sure.

Just so it's known, they are only being sold so we can keep 3 of their doelings without having to worry about them breeding their daughters. They are very friendly and love attention. The smaller one [buckskin] has blue eye genes and both of his daughters are blue eyed. Both could have been registered but we did not get into goats originally as a business so we did not pay the extra to get the paperwork to register them.

Hi!! Not sure how active this page is but I am a new goat owner and need any advice possible! I was told these were two saneen/pygmy doelings sisters... Can't get ahold of the seller anymore but were told they were up to date on vaccines. I don't know where to start!

Back
Top Bottom