Lets talk about goats!

I have a buckling that I just bought. He is around 9 to 10 weeks old. He has been here for a day now. I have 5 other goats all female 2 kids and two full grown does. He beats alot is that normal? Maybe just searching for his mom?

I have a buckling that I just bought. He is around 9 to 10 weeks old. He has been here for a day now. I have 5 other goats all female 2 kids and two full grown does. He beats alot is that normal? Maybe just searching for his mom?
Most likely. It's a shock to be introduced to a completely new herd, so I'm sure he's crying for his mom and friends.
smile.png
Give him a week or two, and he'll be fine.

I am in PA and I am getting 2 goats in few weeks. bnoth are dairy goats. One is currently in milk. I have to wait until she weans her kids until I can get them, actually. My questions is about milk sales. I know I have to licensed to sell raw milk (or any milk) for human comsuption. My question is if I sell and label it for pet consumption do I need to do anything? besides the labeling. Do I need to get a permit? I have looked but can not find anything? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I want to make sure before I advertise it as pet milk.

Well, you really should contact your state department for that information. You can find the statutes on line if you haven't already.

can y'all help on what breed these 2 lil girls r they last had pygmy n nigerian dwarf she had them in separate areas but her daughter was there when I went buy them n she didn't know her mom was out of state n she couldn't call her to ask her

Last edited:
Who knows, lol. They could be a cross. If they were shaved... maybe could get a better look at the fineness of their bone..
If I were guessing I'd say Nigerian, but that's a 50/50 guess =P Either way, they are adorable!

I have a few does that are getting ready to kid in about 3 weeks, and i am thinking about giving them the CDT vaccination. Should i give it to the mamas now and then again after she kids? New to all this and I don't know if they have ever had the vaccination before. Any input please.

Back
Top Bottom