Lets talk about goats!

We use D hooks like people use on their keychains.
hubby made me some large S hooks. I have 2 on the right side and 1 on the left. But I also have gentle La Mancha they don't seem interested in butting things around. I've not had a problem with them knocking it down but they will knock the minerals off the surface to get to the fresher minerals below that top layer. Is this what your goat is doing? Or is it your goat just wants to play?

Deliah is doing much better today. I gave her a lot of special attention. The probiotics seem to have set her to rights. I didn't give it to her today but will give her a second dose tomorrow just to make sure she is set to rights. She certainly ate her full rations today and a bit more which really thrilled me. I'll be keeping an eye on her weight and watching her condition closely. Not sure if we will have good days and bad days but I am hoping her issue is over.

@Potagergirl so glad deliah is doing better! Hope all continues well with her! Im also new with having goats ive had litte Napoleon about 2 weeks now. He is a nigerian dwarf bottle baby and we had up and downs with his bowels the first week so i know the stress of not knowing but then learning from experience its great i dont think you can read about it experience is so much better!

hubby made me some large S hooks. I have 2 on the right side and 1 on the left. But I also have gentle La Mancha they don't seem interested in butting things around. I've not had a problem with them knocking it down but they will knock the minerals off the surface to get to the fresher minerals below that top layer. Is this what your goat is doing? Or is it your goat just wants to play?

Our goat is trying to play. he is head butting it off, and then head butting it some more and ruining the holder.

Our goat is trying to play. he is head butting it off, and then head butting it some more and ruining the holder.

What does he have to play with? If he is kept alone, there is your main problem. If he isn't kept alone but is still butting stuff, back to question 1: what does he have to play with? Goat toys can be cheap and simple. Something as easy as a tether ball can entertain a goat.

Is there anyone who could answer these questions for me?
TYIA!

If I own multiple breeds of goats and would like to apply for my own AGS registry name and number, do I need to apply separately for each breed of goat I own? Or would my entire herd be under one name & number?
Also, for those have have multiple breeds in there herd, do you have each double registered? I was told it is best and simplest to make both registries the same name and number, but how easy is that if you have 2 or 3 breeds, therefore having 3 or more registries...

What does he have to play with? If he is kept alone, there is your main problem. If he isn't kept alone but is still butting stuff, back to question 1: what does he have to play with? Goat toys can be cheap and simple. Something as easy as a tether ball can entertain a goat.

Yeah, he is kept alone. We will have to get him some toys then. Thanks!

Yeah, he is kept alone. We will have to get him some toys then. Thanks!

No. You need to get him another goat, if he is an intact male then another intact male or a wether, not a doe

Goats are herd animals. I'm not going to sugar coat the fact that you are not being a responsible goat owner by keeping him alone.

If you can't afford or do not have the space for two goats, then you should not keep any goats.

We are going to do something soon. We are going to either get him a friend, or give him away. We have been thinking about it for a while now. Thanks.

If you give him away, ensure he goes to another place where he will not be kept alone either. 99% of goats do not do well when kept singly. The stress from being kept alone will be detrimental to long term health.

Back
Top Bottom